Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pocketful of sunshine!


For this project, I took painter's tape to my white canvas and in the sections between the lines of tape, used a paper towel with a shade of either red, orange, or yellow and blotted it. It gave the paint some texture/a spongey look and feel. Once I finished painting, I peeled back the tape, hence the white, "beam-like" pattern on the canvas. My final major step was, using my best handwriting, I wrote "Make YOUR own" but traced stencils for "sunshine." Then, I filled in the letters using a black paint pen. 

If you don't have stencils of your own OR neat handwriting, you could take the time to print your own letters using a font you like on Microsoft Word or a similar program and then printing and cutting them out for tracing. 

Pretty sweet stuff. You should try it sometime. 
:)

Love,
Susan

Another birthday present I made for a friend of mine who is a pretty happy-go-lucky, optimistic kind of person


No comments:

Post a Comment